Homebirth Shopping Guide
- Birth Kit - At your home visit, we will bring along a tote with needed items for your birth. We've worked hard to keep costs low while still having quality products and everything that we will need. There are other items that some folks have wanted in the past but are not included or required. You are welcome to add anything to the kit you would like. Some of these include a decorative birth certificate (be sure to get a footprinter!), herbs for postpartum, mess panties etc.
- Inflatable Pool - Common kiddie pool used by many homebirth clients. This pool is currently pricier than usual! There is NO CHARGE to use our pool, but you will need to purchase a liner for the La Bassine (professional). Pool Liner can be purchased from In His Hands or from us at a discounted price. The Liner package includes: pool liner, hose to fill, adapter or fitting for showerhead and net for cleaning before emptying.
- PayPal payments are accepted for services or we will gladly accept check, cash, money order or credit card in the office.
- La Leche League - For breastfeeding education and support - pregnant and nursing moms are welcome. For more information about what an LLL meeting is like, read here!
- Free Postpartum Classes - see our home page for how to sign up.
- Free Breastfeeding Group at Sentara Williamsburg - Meets twice a week, staffed by an IBCLC!
- Tidewater Lactation Group - Gift certificates available.
- Birth Matters Williamsburg - Meetings for Pregnant and New Mothers - Birth and Mothering Circles - in Williamsburg
- Birth Matters Peninsula - Meetings for Pregnant and New Mothers in Newport News, supporting evidence-based maternity care
- Birth Matters VA Tidewater - Meetings for Pregnant and New Mother in Hampton Roads
- Pregnancy Massage
- Doulas of Tidewater as well as peninsuladoulas.com/
- Pediatricians/Family Doctors/Chiropractors that our clients have recommended pediatricianschiropractors.pdf
- Williamsburg Homebirth Facebook Page is now EVa Homebirth